NOTHING better than a nude lip done right. Nude lips work for every skin tone, they go with every occasion and never go out of style.
The best thing about a nude lip?
No matter how tan you get or what kind of makeup you have on, there will always be a nude to suit you because nude is whatever you want it to be – blush, rose, brown, pink, warm-toned, cool-toned, clear…anything. And no matter what shade, nude is always sexy. Me-OW. A good nude lip can add the illusion of volume and contour to the lips while also evening them out.
Besides a bold and matte red lip, my everyday favorite is a nude lip done right.
I recently posted a few of my nude lip favs on Snapchat and got a lot of requests to breakdown my favorite products to achieve the perfect nude lip. Like I said, nude is whatever you want it to be, so I’ve amassed a small collection of different shades by now (surprise?) lol.
Here they are:
- MAC Naked liner: I live and die by this lip liner. It is amazing for contouring the lips and also works really well when blended under a clear gloss.
- MAC Lipstick in Fleshpot: This is hands down, my favorite nude lipstick. It’s creamy with a satin finish and a highly pigmented, concealer-kind-of-nude.
- Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid Lipstick in Nude Thrill: If you can’t get your hands on a Kylie lip kit, this is a dead ringer for the brown and warmed-toned favorite, Dolce K (& it’s only $7).
- Anastasia Lip Gloss in Dainty: This is the ultimate Malibu Barbie pink, kiss-me-now, sex pot nude lip as far as high-shine-finish glosses go. The pigment is FIRE. It does take some blending but omg do I love it. It’s also blue based, so it brightens the teeth and is perfect for daytime with some CC cream and mascara or at night with a smokey eye and dramatic lashes.
- NYX Cosmetics Lip Lingerie Liquid Lipstick in Corset: YES. Just, YES. This is a highly pigmented, very matte and very cool-toned nude that has the consistency of a mousse. It’s weightless. It’s also very similar to Dolce K, but a fraction of the price ($7), and a bit cooler (I love cool tones). Lip Lingerie is my favorite of the more affordable matte shades.
- Kylie Lip Kits in Dolce K and Exposed: Seriously, GENUIS. If you can get your hands on them, they’re totally worth the money and in a class all of their own. The wand and applicator are the best I’ve ever used and the color doesn’t transfer, doesn’t dry you out like a chalkboard and LASTS.
- Dior Addict Lip Glow in Sheer Natural Pink: If you want a nude lip that’s ultra-dewy-moisturized, with just a hint of pink; plumped and smooth, this is the only way to go.
- Dior Crème de Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm: If you buy one product, make it this. It’s worth the investment. This is not only plumps and smoothes out your lips, but it gives the perfect clear and healthy look no matter how chapped your lips are. I use a thin layer of it as a base for every one of the other products on here. It’s the ultimate lip primer and stand alone lip balm.
Do you guys like posts like this? If so, I’ll do more!